Identification and Purpose
Vulindlela is a cluster foster care facility that provides a loving home for orphans and abandoned children. This is the first of a series of homes to form a children’s village.
Purpose and anticipated end result
Typical problems that poor communities struggle with are HIV/Aids, substance abuse, violence, unemployment and severe neglect and abandonment of children. Vulindlela will counter some of these problems by:
- Establishing a new foundation of love and care in the lives of abandoned children.
- Provide an education for the children
- Provide extra curricular that are constructive
- Provide appropriate medical care
- Give the children the opportunity of developing their full future potential
- Ultimately to re-unite families, where appropriate
The ideal situation is where children grow up with their own families, however this is not always possible. Vulindlela caters for those children that cannot remain with their families.
Vulindlela foster care facility opened it's doors on the 01st May 2010 and is currently home to a house-mother and four children.